Monday, August 9, 2010

Hot Hot Hot

Well it is August- The weather should just now be heating up but we have been hot and humid for about a month now. It hasn't been a great summer. In May we still had the furnace going- June we got over 9" of rain, July has been oppressive! I have used that word more times in the past 6 weeks than I have all of my life! August, so far, hot, humid and in general just yucky.


The garden is still producing. Tomatoes are getting ready and the okra is really taking off. I pulled all of the onions last night, kind of muddy though, we had 4" of rain Saturday morning. Things are getting done as I get them done. I decided not to let it stress me anymore. If it doesn't get picked today it will get picked tomorrow.

I started the curtains for Aubrey's craft room today. They will have Corra and Carter's hand prints on them. Went smoother than I thought it would- at 4, Corra is a great listener and pretty crafty- Carter on the other hand decided after a few prints that he liked squeezing the paint in his little fists more than making hand prints. Why did I think at 1 year old he would want to cooperate? We did get two colors done before I decided that was enough for one day. Now if Corra can keep from blabbing, Aubrey will get a nice surprise. I am still in the process of deciding what color vinyl to reupholster my kitchen chairs in. After making Leslie's curtains I am kind of leaning towards black and red but am not sure I would like it long term. Lots of colors in my kitchen to choose from so maybe turquoise and white will win out.

Today has been a long day and I am ready to call it-

No comments:

Post a Comment