Saturday, January 8, 2011

Sunshine on my shoulders

Wow- another month of winter has passed. We have been so busy and the time has flown. Since my last post we have gotten 25 inches of snow. There was my birthday blizzard- we got about 5 1/2 inches of snow that day. We also had rain-which then turned to freezing rain, then to snow and to finish off that day- yes all in one day, the winds picked up. No blizzard but visibility was bad. The holidays were good. Guy, Aubrey and Leslie's families were here for Christmas Eve, which is our normal get together day. Guy was here on Christmas day also. It was a very nice relaxing day. Aubrey's birthday we had another storm- this was the rain/ice/snow/wind day. The tree came down and the house was almost back to normal-

but then I decided to paint the dining room. Well as of yesterday that job was completed- Thank goodness. Albert painted all of the trim and even painted all the bathroom trim. Now it is all bright and fresh. Need to find a few new things for the walls though. Try to keep it interesting.  So with my plans to do a room a month during the winter I am ahead of the game and will try to get the office and playroom done this month also. Then move on to the upstairs or living room in February.  I am holding off on doing anything in our bedroom until summer as we might be moving the french doors and adding a window- Yea--- Spring will be here before we know it.

Then I can be in the garden. Plans for the new layout are coming along great. I am getting lots of good ideas from my gardening sight. I think that I am even going to have enough room for Corra to have here own spot- Just let her do her own thing. We will see how Carter is in the garden this year-He seemed pretty interested in it last year. 

I guess that is about it for now- I am heading to the basement to start a stained glass piece- I am still planning on doing a new piece each month. This one will be for Guy and Joyce- They have bought a house in Kentucky and he will be moving there next month.  The sun is shining here and it is a beautiful 6 degrees, so I am in a good mood. Nothing like the sun to brighten a mood-
Courtyard in winter---Wonder how many plants will survive this?

No comments:

Post a Comment