Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Fall

A new season is arriving tonight- Fall, my favorite time of year. This year though the first day of fall will not be clear, sunny or crisp. It will be cloudy and rainy. The forecast is calling for "tropical downpours". So I will sew all day tomorrow-kids allowing!
I picked the last tomato's from the garden today. Diced two for dinner and Corra ate four of the remaining five Roma's. There are still greens, peppers and herbs that need to be tended to but other than those few remaining things the garden is ready to be cleared out. Kind of sad to come to a close but excited to plan for a new season. I have a new plan in mind, converting over to a Potager Garden. I have been researching these for a few years now and I guess this is as good a time as any to give it a try. I have the room to expand if need since we haven't installed the new fence yet. Should be interesting. I am trying to hold off on setting plan to paper until winter, don't want to get ahead of myself and have nothing to do when it is too cold to go out!
 I am missing living on the farm. I think I would feel better if I could have some chickens! Not a bunch-just three or four girls would be plenty. If I would have known I would be living in town I would have made sure to photograph my chickens and write their stories. I have had some special ones in my time-Who would have ever thought? All my critters, another day, another time!

No comments:

Post a Comment