Thursday, September 30, 2010

Lots to do

Time has been flying by. I can't believe tomorrow is already October. Seems like nothing got accomplished in September. How am I going to catch up in October! The weather has been great though. We were able to walk to pick Corra up from school both days this week and also walked to story time at the library yesterday. The evenings have been cool but just right to be outside during the day. No cabin fever this week. Aubrey, the kids and I are going to Watertown tomorrow. Just to do a little shopping. But Saturday we are going to Sioux Falls and beyond to look at some vintage gas stoves. One double oven and one that is just extremely pretty. Hopefully I will come home with one of them. It will be nice to finally have a gas stove. I don't care for electric stoves. Especially when canning veggies-burners seem too small.
Haven't finished cleaning out the garden yet- oh well- it will happen! Strawberries and raspberries are still producing- much to Corra and Carters delight!
I have decided on ice blue sparkle upholstery for the kitchen chairs. I ordered a sample swatch from Vogue Fabrics so will make the final decision when it gets her. Will also be getting vintage glass knobs and pulls -Peacock Blue. Very pretty. Funny though, blue is my favorite color and I have never had a blue kitchen! We will see how it all comes together.
I have been doing a little sewing-making fall crafts and little things like that. Chasing kids and trying not to be edgy. Other than that not much else going on here-the only exciting thing is that Leslie and Caleb have made plans to head to Vegas November 5th thru the 8th. I'll have a new son-in-law, but it feels like he has been family for the past few years.

No comments:

Post a Comment